DISCLOSURE: Some of the links in this post are from our sponsors. Who doesn’t like to save money? I know I do! Here are some of my favorite legit money saving resources and ways to earn that I use daily. Might as well make extra money while doing what you’ve already been doing, right? Ready […]
Each year we get one special day devoted to reminding the fatherly figures in our lives just how much they mean to us. You guessed it, Father’s Day! Father’s Day is approaching, and approaching quickly and matter how you’re celebrating dad this year, one thing that’s certain is that you’ll want him to feel special. […]
I absolutely love decorating. But, I don’t have a huge budget to do it with. So the easiest way that I have found to decorate without spending a fortune is to shop my own house instead of a store. If I want a new accessory, or even a new look for a whole room, I […]
It is the fact that a person earns only to fulfil the needs of his life. People who are sensible spend their money wisely. Wisely money of expenditures makes their lives easy. Persons who are in their study period also have to use the money. Students have to fulfil requirements which are necessary for their […]
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Are you considering starting your own business and being your own boss? You’re in luck! Start the New Year off right with your own flexible business as a stylist for Stella & Dot. Starting today, […]
Since I currently work full time, I am always looking for new fun things for Olivia and I to do on the weekends. Though going to get Bagels and Starbucks are among our top two faves, they get old quickly; so, I thought I would make a list of some of our favorite inexpensive and free things that Olivia and I like to do together.
1. Make breakfast together. Pancakes are not only pretty simple to make, they are easy for a three-year-old to help make. Liv loves nothing more than to stir up the batter. I know, it can get messy, but it is worth it. When she feels helpful, it makes us both happy. Then we sit on the couch in our jammies and yell at the dogs together for trying to eat our food.
2. Go to a new park. HYPE IT UP! When I ask if Olivia wants to go to the park, I never know what she is going to say; but if I ask her if she wants to try a BRAND NEW AMAZING SUPER AWESOME park, she is IN! Google parks in a 30 mile radius from your house. If you see graffiti, gang signs, and broken glass you may want to try another one… but thats the fun in the adventure right?
3. Festivals. Greek, music, dog, school, asparagus (yep.. that’s a real one in Stockton, CA lol) Look them up and go!! You may have to argue with your child a bit about why $5 a ticket for the bounce house is not happening… but you can probably distract her with a sweet swag bag complimentary of the local Bank Branch booth.
4. FORTS. I cannot stress how amazing forts are. From ages 2-34 (my husband as proof), forts can be lots of fun. You have to be willing to just say goodbye to any chance of having decent couch cushions ever again; but honestly, if you have a three-year-old, you’ve already had the sofa funeral.
5. Anything wet. If you have the space for it, a tiny pool or water table. If you live in an apartment like us, find the nearest spray ground/beach/lake/pool. This one is a given. Olivia almost always says she doesn’t want to go; then she always has a blast. Here is the trick: you need to get wet too. I don’t know why I am sharing this or why it is such a stand out memory to me: but as a child, my mom never wanted to swim with us. We swam at my grandparents’ pool all the time and she NEVER got into a bathing suit to swim with us. Dad? always down… but mom was never a fan of water/swimming. I STILL remember like yesterday when one of the other adults pushed her into the pool one time with all of us with all her clothes on. I know she was mad at first but she ended up laughing. I thought it was the MOST FUN swim day we ever had as kids. It is such a simple thing, but your kid does NOT care what you look like in a bathing suit. She just wants you to be part of the fun. So be a part of it. She will remember. I still do.
6. Picnics. Eating a PBJ in your house=lame. Eating a PBJ on a blanket or picnic table anywhere else=awesome. For some reason, doing things like eating sandwiches at novel locations always seems to be a good time.
7. Crafting. We live in FL so we are not short of Coconuts to paint. If you live somewhere where pinecones or large rocks inhabit, paint those. If big leaves are all you have to work with, use those. Its innate in children to pick up/collect/borderline hoard things they find in nature every day. If I had a rock for every time Olivia collected a stick…. oh yah, I do… and there are a lot. If you don’t want to buy paint, use what you have. Glue and ripped paper is a great time 🙂
8. READ. People are amazed at Olivia’s vocabulary everywhere we go. I can honestly say that her intelligence is highly attributed to the amount of books we read together. We have read to her at night time since she was a tiny baby. She barely sat still for the longest time. At some point, however, she began to go from “fidgety toddler who barely made it through one story” to “mommy you skipped a page” (I swear I didn’t mean to… ok I did… but now she catches me so I had to stop). If you don’t always remember to read to your child, it’s ok! If you don’t have the time to do it at night, make it. I promise you, the bonding that comes from routine reading time is immeasurable. It is one of our favorite things to do.
Spend time not money-
A Guest Post From:
GUEST POST BY SARAH Let us admit it—single parents have it harder for many of us. While many parents have someone to share the responsibilities with, single parents have to take on all of the responsibilities by themselves. They are the only one responsible for taking care of their child, giving them the love and care […]
Ahh, Disney. There’s nothing quite like a day in Disney. The smell of Mickey waffles fill the air in the mornings and a sky full of booming, spectacular fireworks close the nights. Going to Walt Disney World has been a huge part of my life with my husband. We have gone almost every year since […]
No Cleaning Products, No Problem by The Rug Seller
Getting Married? Congrats! Check out this nifty infographic for some very useful information to help guide you with your special day: -This post contains sponsored links from Wedding Paper Divas-
Are you earning cash back on your online purchases? I am. Wanna know how? I use Ebates.com. Ebates is awesome. No, they are not paying me to write this article. I just want you to have this tip to save even more money when shopping online. If you’ve tried Ebates before but would forget to start your shopping session with them (like I […]
In my quest to be a SAHM (stay at home mom) or at least a part-time SAHM I have been working to cut our expenses. I called our satellite provider and negotiated a $42 per month decrease without even changing our plan. I have started to turn off lights when I leave the room and […]
Want to enjoy the summer with your family without spending big bucks? No problem! Here are ten frugal and fun activities for your family to try this summer. Don’t forget your camera! 1. Strawberry Picking I remember when I was a kid, my parents took me strawberry pickin’. I’ve only gone a few times in […]
As you have probably noticed, I haven’t been posting very much lately. So much has been going on… life is pretty hectic right now! On top of all the hectic-ness, we are house hunting! Yay! I’m looking forward to finding the perfect place and making it our own with a whole new style. Silly, I […]
I must admit, being a blogger is a pretty sweet gig. I get to find out about all kinds of cool products and resources and share them with readers. When I heard about an application called VarageSale – being the frugal gal that I am – I knew I had to check into it more! […]
I love diet soda. My wallet… not so much. One of the easiest money saving tips that I have personally found is skipping my beloved soda when I go out to eat at restaurants and opting for a glass of water instead. According to the National Restaurant Association, the average American goes out to eat […]
Every mom knows that going shopping with kids isn’t always an easy task. Being prepared beforehand will save you money and make your life a whole bunch easier. Here are a handful of my favorite free Money Saving SmartPhone Apps that every frugal mama should have! 1. Ibotta Ibotta is a free mobile application that […]
If money is tight and you are in search of the right present for a friend or family member, look no further than this guide. The following gift ideas are sure to delight your wallet while pleasing the ones you love. Chocolates Perfect for a friend with a rabid sweet tooth, chocolate is a traditional […]
Whether you’re living on your own or are in charge of you family’s shopping, you’ve probably noticed that prices are going up on almost everything, and if your income isn’t increasing as fast as your shopping budget, you need to find a way to cut costs. Take a look at these five tips and resources […]